mercoledì 8 febbraio 2023

Birthday haul and how to shop for Lolita fashion on TaoBao

Hi! It's been a while. Now that my Lolita fashion guide is out, I'll be posting twice every week. 

In this post, I'll show you what I bought and how to shop from TaoBao!

Let's start with this JSK by Infanta. It's the Cake Tree Tiered JSK in black x white and I honestly think it looks so cute! I love the old school vibes but I'm not a huge fan of the lace on the bodice so I'll probably rework this dress in some way. Infanta is a TaoBao brand and it's a good option for everyone that wants to dress Lolita while saving some money. The sizes go up to XL and almost all of their dresses have back shirring.

Link on Bhiner: https://www.bhiner.com/taobao-agent/630397697453


Next, I bought two off-brand blouses in black and white. I'm not a fan of fancy blouses since I mainly wear JSKs and you can't really see them anyways. These can be styles very easily and can also be worn out of Lolita in other kawaii substyles.

Link on Bhiner: https://www.bhiner.com/taobao-agent/645136999018







Then I bought this cute pigtails wig! It's already styled in the picture but it's a short wig that comes with two separate pigtails pieces. I never bought a wig for Lolita so I'm curious to see how wigs can improve my coords. Maybe I'll buy another one in my next haul. :) 

Link on Bhiner: https://www.bhiner.com/taobao-agent/599199592058




And then I bought this simple hoop petticoat and a pair of Koi Footwear Mary Janes. Not on TaoBao, of course. 

Hoop petticoats are a good option for warm weather!

Petticoat link: https://www.bhiner.com/taobao-agent/560133192088



Shoes link: https://www.koifootwear.com/collections/mary-janes/products/tira-classic-mary-janes-2

These are super comfy for everyday wear and can be coordinated easily almost in every substyle. I would definitely recommend these if you're looking to buy shoes for your first coord and they're also made in vegan leather!



Now I'll show you how to shop from TaoBao using a shopping service. For this haul, I used Bhiner. It's my first time using a shopping service to shop from TaoBao and it was really easy to understand.

But what is a shopping service and what's the difference between using one and buying from resellers? 

What is a shopping service?

Unless you live in China, you are not able to purchase from Taobao shops directly. A shopping service is a third party between you and the seller to solve language and logistic barriers. In this case, they buy from TaoBao shops for you, receive the items at their warehouse and ship them to you. It's that simple. In this case, I used Bhiner

How does it work?

Bhiner has a separate section dedicated to Lolita fashion, so you can either browse there or search for the items you're looking for on the search bar. You can find a list of TaoBao search terms here

You choose your items, pay for the total of your cart including domestic shipping fee and agent fee and then wait for your package to arrive at their warehouse.

Once it has arrived, they will send you pictures of the items you ordered and if everything is okay, you can proceed with the second payment, which is the international shipping. Once this step is done, you just have to wait for your package to come! You can choose which type of international shipping you want and the custom service can give you tips about customs, too, but they should be fine.

It's much more convenient than buying from resellers and I got all of the items I showed you for less than 100$! 

It sounded way more complicated than it is but ordering from Bhiner was really easy, I never used a shopping service before so I was a bit intimidated but everything went smoothly. ^^

Thank you for reading as always and I hope this little guide was helpful! 
Have you ever ordered from TaoBao? Would you like to see more hauls in the future?
As always, if there's a particular topic you would like me to discuss you can leave a comment here or find me on my other socials. I would love to hear your personal experiences with TaoBao.
Happy shopping and see you in the next one! ^^

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Last august dump

 I may have neglected this blog again, but in my defense, my life has felt like a Final Destination movie for the past two months and I got ...