giovedì 28 settembre 2023

Why I disapperead + mini life update

I'm actually too lazy to count the months I've been gone BUT! I'm back and this time I'm here to (hopefully) stay and start posting again. So what the hell happened? Take a seat and grab a snack while I tell you how I almost left Lolita.


After investing an unholy amount of my finances in frills and spending approximately 2 years of my life browsing second-hand clothing sites searching for the deals of my dreams (which never came by the way, I always had my dream dresses snatched from me) months ago, probably during a demonic possession I was unaware of, I came to the conclusion that Lolita fashion just wasn't for me and that I had to let it go. So I decided to stop holding my wardrobe hostage and setting it free, getting rid of all of my dresses (but thankfully I was smart enough to keep some pieces).

So I sold a solid 90% of my wardrobe including the things I bought in my TaoBao haul not even a month later. I guess at this point you can safely assume that this wasn't a wise decision. I thought it was, but oh I was so wrong. I was then hit with the realization of what I’ve done and there was no turning back, my dresses were gone. So I thought and thought and thought, what was it that made me feel so uncomfortable, to the point where I convinced myself that leaving the fashion would be the only solution? I was focusing on Sweet Lolita way too much and that just didn’t flatter me. Huge bell shaped petticoats and prints weren’t my thing, I just wasn’t ready to accept this and admit it to myself, I mean, it took me months to recover. So I just came to the conclusion that Old School and Gothic Lolita fit into my aesthetic the way I want and make me feel more comfortable, but it’s fine because I would’ve probably sold all of my dresses anyways LOL.


But all jokes aside, these months were rough and I had to face many challenges, selling my Lolita wardrobe was just a small part of a bigger crisis I was going through, but I’m glad to be back now. It’s nice to feel like myself again and be back. I kind of abandoned the Lolita lifestyle, I didn’t have the time nor the opportunity to be as committed as I wanted to (my job doesn’t allow me to dress like a shojo vampire princess and I think that’s really discriminating) so I kind of let it go, but I didn’t drop the grandma hobbies so no worries. 


I actually started getting more into handmade stuff, maybe I’ll post some in the future. So what was the point of this post? No clue, just didn’t want to appear out of nowhere again and pretend that nothing happened. The focus of this blog won’t change, I’ll still talk about Lolita and try to make juicy content every week, maybe post some scans if I get the chance. Picking up this blog again means a lot to me right now and I’m very grateful to be back, I have some cool stuff to share and hopefully I’ll do it soon~ I’m still very passionate about the fashion and staying away from it for so long was strange.


Thanks to everyone who made it to the end of this absolute mess and thanks to everyone who bothered to click on it even tho I’ve been missing for so long. As always you can keep up on my other socials and I’ll see you in the next one, with something more interesting!




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Last august dump

 I may have neglected this blog again, but in my defense, my life has felt like a Final Destination movie for the past two months and I got ...