domenica 28 luglio 2024

Mid July

I'm ALIIIIVEEEE!! Finally. A proper post and update. I also have some pics to post, yay. ^_^ I'll try to put everything in order.

So, first things firts. Two of the ''interesting things'' I was up to lately: one of my drawings appeared on an italian manga. LOL. DREAMING by Milky Rosy. It's a little sketch I made of the protagonist, Stella Cometa. It may seems silly but it made m so happy when I saw it. I loved the story, it's so cute <3.


Moving onto the other thing, a commission I made was used as a design for a local football squad during an event. T_T I'm so grateful for all the love my art is receiving lately... I'm really doing my best to improve every day. I won't post a picture of the squad wearing it for privacy reasons but this is the shirt.



I also made another shirt design for a commission but I don't have any pictures of it, sigh sigh. I'm still working on some other stuff but I'd rather not spoil it for now.. eheheh. Anyways, despite working on my personal projects + waitressing job that I hate, I still managed to have some fun with my friends and take some pictures, yay! Going in order, last week I went to a friend's house and they made pancakes T_T my favorite snack. They also brought me some little gifts and I loved them soo much!! We used those cups LOL they're not part of the gift eheh.  But look at those cute stickers!! 



Then we went out to have drinks and I found these super cute rings. I couldn't decide which one to get though, sigh sigh. But! I found these super cute heart shaped sunglasses and fell in love with them, of course I had to buy them.



silly selfie :P

I have to admit I've been pretty busy lately. I went out with my friends almost everyday last week, even though I didn't take as many pictures as I would've liked. But it doesn't matter, I'm always grateful to spend time with them. <3
I also bought a pen for my iPad but I'm still trying to get used to it. I currently use a 1st gen iPad Air and I should REALLY get a new one, even though I gotta admit it works pretty well, and I use it daily. Plus, I've had it for a long time so I'm a bit attached to it, I don't think I'll be able to let it go easily unless it dies on me LOL.

Then my friend Ari came back on holiday and she brought me some gifts, too. 

girl dinner

Golden Curry and rice wine. I LOOOVE them so much. Curry is my favorite dish to make, even during hot summer days. But that's not everything, she also bought me Last Quarter by Ai Yazawa and I'm SO in love T_T It's what I'm currently reading. Ai Yazawa remains one of my favorite authors...



Saturday morning our trio finally reunited after a year and we went out for brunch. It was so wholesome.
 

Taking a break from work was so needed, sigh.. I really want to make the most of this summer, really.
Here are some pics we took with Ari's digital camera


me and Ari on break after walking 289979 miles under the boiling hot sun


We went to a small indian restaurant for lunch and I tried samosas for the first time ^_^ I split one with Ari but unfortunately it was cold so it wasn't that yummy, but I'll definitely give it another chance. Next time I want to get the chicken biryiani as well.
I used to hate living here when I was younger but now that I'm not an edgy teen anymore (and don't get bullied everyday by the same people on repeat LOL) I have to admit it's not bad. It's a small town, but it can be fun with the right people, even if there isn't much to do I don't mind. As long as I can go on my little walks and get a little treat I'll be fine.

Unfortunately, I didn't draw much these days but still sketching daily on my sketchbook despite everything. I promised to stay consistent and I will, even if I'm not posting that much it doesn't matter, being able to start this year was already a huge step for me so I refuse to put too much pressure on myself.


Also, finally, the book I talked about in my last (proper) post. The Lolita fashion guide made by Lilium EGL (their socials) that can also be found for free in PDF! I LOOOVED this. I read it almost daily because I'm just so happy about it. I've dreamed about something like this during my Lolita fashion years and being able to hold a guide like this, in my own language, is still crazy to me. It's a wonderful project and I really, REALLY, reccomend supporting everyone who worked on it! 



Besides this, lately I've read Mua He Bat Tan by Hoang Truc Lam (''Estate Infinita'' in Italy) and it was such a touching and amazing story. I've never read any vietnamese authors before and I was pleasantly surprised. It's one of my favorite one-shots for sure.


I think that's all for today's post. I apologize if it wasn't as interesthing as promised but as I said, besides this last week, I spent June and July working, most of the time. And if I wasn't working my usual everyday job, I was probably busy keeping up with my own projects so yeah. Just wanted to post and be consistent. I don't want to leave this little blog unattended for too long but I'm glad I had something to write this time. My next post will probably be pictures, mostly, but hopefully I'll have something cool to write as well and much more.  I've been experimenting with recording lately and I really like it. I always loved the idea of vlogging but actually never started, I think this will be the year. I'm thinking of opening a YouTube channel as well, just for fun with no partcular schedule. 

little treat 

In my free time after work I've been rewatching Mermaid Melody, my comfort anime <3 I've always loved it, ever since I was a kid. <3. As always, thank you for reading until the end and sticking with me. What are you guys up to lately? Reading, watching anything? Enjoying summer? Let's chat ⊹₊。ꕤ˚₊⊹



. ୧ ‧₊˚ 🍮 ⋅ ☆







Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Last august dump

 I may have neglected this blog again, but in my defense, my life has felt like a Final Destination movie for the past two months and I got ...